CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 3 in China...

Well, here it is, bed time at day 3. Here is the events of the day.
Thanks Mom for keeping everyone in the loop, please continue to keep Kyle's family updated. He was concerned about this.
How are things at home! We miss home!
DAY 3...

Started at 4 in the morning, Kyle couldn't sleep and I was in and out. Got up when he did. Had a nice long shower and felt great! Lauryn slept until about 6 ish. She woke up with some babble and then started a little cry but nothing to big. Then the smiles started!
We went for breakfast around 6:30. Before we left Lauryn had some oatmeal, a bit of goldfish and some milk. At the restaurant she had some watermelon, a boiled egg and some chinese porridge! She tried some french toast and some apple juice. It was pretty funny... she took a big bite of watermelon and the juice came out her nose! She wasn't sure about apple juice... the first drink made her shiver! Then I watered it down and it was much better.
She had some trouble getting to sleep last night. She is amazed by all the lights and is a big wide eyed girl who stops herself from going to sleep, I think she wants to see more and more and more! Its pretty amazing to see. We both watched her for a long time and then just listened to her little baby sounds.
We had to meet in the lobby for 8:30. Back to the adoption centre! The adoption was finalized today! She is all ours. We met with a notary and another government official. We had about 10 - 12 questions from each of them. Things like Are you happy with this child? Do you want to make this child yours? DUH!! I would love to see someone try to take her away! Kyle is totally in awe of her. I love seeing them together. It really is amazing!
Lauryn got her land legs that's forsure! Her legs are very skinny and not strong at all. Today we put some running shoes on her. The adoption centre is a very big room and she went for it! She ran and walked and exhausted both Kyle and I! Our guide laughed at me! We had to take our first family photo. Something for the orphanage I think... I didn't know that it was our turn, then Ava came to get us and I was a sweaty hot mess! Told her I needed time to fix myself up! She thought that this was hysterical! You should see my hair. It is so humid that the its just crazy... nothing works! Oh well! LOL!
At the adoption centre we had some time to sit and really get to know our girl. She is so smart! She imitates EVERYTHING! She now says mama!!! YUP! She does! And she can wave bye - bye! The nanny told us yesterday to give her soft food. Her palate is effected and hardfood might bother her... not our girl. She will try everything! If she doesn't like it... no big deal she will spit it out!
After everything was finalized, we got back in our van and headed to the Chinese equivalent to walmart... OMG, what an experience. They sell everything there... EVERYTHING and it's all cheap, bad quality. Dawn (the lady that also adopted, and is staying in the same hotel) well, she loves to buy her older daughter shirts from these stores. The english is terrible. The one she bought today said M KOOKS... My Happy Hollida?? What the heck that is suppose to mean, I will never know. Kyle also bought some eggroll flavoured pringles... gross!
We loaded up on diapers, rice cereal and bottled water. I also bought some baby food - fruit mostly. I was worried b/c Lauryn hadn't pooped yet! We toyed with the idea of a stroller. We will be doing a lot of sight seeing in Beijing. Instead we bought a baby carrier.
Got back to the hotel and Lauryn was overtire, hot, hungry and pretty grumpy. She cried big tears for the first time! Then wanted to be held. Tried to settle her down and it eventually worked, but it took both of us! I think we have a lot to learn! But, we did just fine. She napped for about 2 hours. Kyle and I did too!
It was great! Starting to get use to the time change!
When she got up we changed her bum, and she had done what she was suppose to! Kyle said it smelled really bad... this cold I have prevented me from smelling anything. So I got to change her! Lauryn is pretty cranky today! I think the last two days have been totally overwhelming and she is just as tired as we are. I wonder what is going on in her mind! Then Kyle tested out the new baby carrier while I got ready for dinner. Cool!
She was pretty funny. I have some pictures. I think Kyle was pretty pleased with himself. He just adores her!
We met with Dawn, Lynne, Quinnlynne and Lindsay for our first authetic chinese dinner. It wasn't nearly as crazy as a I thought. You order for the table and all the dishes are put on a big lazy suzzane and shared. Well, Lauryn is a messy eater and certainly doesn't like anything being taken away from her. She had a minor melt down. It was pretty funny, we ordered some Teryaki noddles, well we were all pretty useless getting the noodles out of the bowl onto our plates so the restaurant sent over a lady to give us a hand! When we sat down, another waitress came over to ask me if I would like a fork! Then she came back to ask me if I would like a knife! LOL!
After lauryn's minor melt down we went back to the room. We are pretty tired again and Lauryn is cranky! Kyle went out to see if her could find some cold water. There isn't any such thing as cold in China. Everything is luke warm. Well Kyle went for his adventure, I tackled bath time alone...
It went okay... She cried... a lot! However she was standing in the tub holding on to me and wanted to sit down... and then she would cry harder....Got the job done and dressed her and combed her hair. I put baby lotion on her for the first time. She thought that was pretty cool! she giggles at a lot of things. Baby lotion was a hit. She smells fantastic...I can even smell her!
So, I have just come down to the business centre for the update! We all send out love and we are telling Lauryn of all the family she has at home who can't wait to meet her. You guys are going to be over the moon in love.
Tomorrow we get her passport and don't have to meet until 3.
We are going to meet for breakfast and then head to Beijing Street. I guess this is just packed with kids clothes vendors! Should be an interesting day! I will write more tomorrow.
I hope to have some pictures tomorrow too. I working on it!
The 3 of us send out love!
We love you all more then you could ever know or possibly understand! It seems so weird not having our family with us at such a special time! Can't wait to introduce you!
We love you! Sweet dreams... sorry, sweet dreams for us... have a great day to you!
Thanks for everything.
xo

1 comments:

Unknown said...

63686368
Hello its Me Ainsley I wunder how old Lauryn is? When is her birthday?