CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

dotting i's and crossing t's

Let's face it friends, Christmas is just around the corner. I checked my calendar the other day and we have something planned EVERY weekend until the big day. Don't know how we are going to fit it all in. We all know that some how, some way things all get done.
Today was a great day. I woke up to the delicious smell of pancakes. I came downstairs to the sight of my darling husband in his Christmas pj's and my slippers slaving over a hot griddle. We had breakfast together and then is was time for Christmas to deck our halls. Deck our halls we did! The tree is up. Stair cases and kitchen decorated... Christmas cards are done, just need stamps! Christmas lists are made and Christmas craft project supplies are bought! Now I just need baking supplies, we are having a house full on Boxing Day. Oh yeah, outside needs to be decorated too!
Peanut our cat is curled up under the tree on the tree skirt, Johnson is snoring on the couch. Kyle, the love of my life is eating apple crisp and watching the Grey cup! Life is good! We talked a lot about baby Lauryn today. Wondering what she will think of our Christmas decorating! Wondering what she will think of our traditional pancake breakfast before we put our tree up, and our traditional dinner the same night!
My heart is full of love for my husband, he is amazing and amazes me daily! We had to get everything done this weekend. Kyle leaves on a business trip this week and is gone for 11 days! He's is home for a few days and then off again... oh well, tis the season!
I'm off to hit the showers... it's been a busy day. I'm ready for bed.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Be good, Santa is watching... I hope he has a close eye on baby Lauryn... I hope she is home soon.
I love the thought of that little girl (our daughter, OMG!) experiencing Christmas... WOW! I can't wait!
Keep Happy!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Wow! Pancakes and a hubby who is helping decorate - love it!
I really hope Lauryn is home soon too...

sb said...

aww what a sweet post...i love you lots and i can only hope to one day have the kind of marraige that you and kyle have :) xoxo