CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

St. John's Ambulance Dog Therapy Program

I have been doing a lot of thinking in the last year and a bit. Don't know about you guys, but I guess infertility has changed me. For a long time I blamed myself. It was all my problem. Kyle was so supportive and slowly but surely I was able to get some what of a sense of humour about our troubles. The world is a different place again. One of my very dear family members wrote in one of her comments that the ifs have finally turned into whens... what a great way to put it. Thanks Stac! Anyway... It has changed me. I think that I have always been a pretty good person but our struggles have made me want to be a better person. I have always had a desire to help people. I love animals and most people! So, I have put them together. I have my first meeting with St. John's Ambulance Dog Therapy program! I have signed Johnson up. As long as he can pass the canine aptitude test! We have to commit an hour a week. We start at an old age home and once we've been in the program for a year, we can ask to volunteer for sick children!
Wish us luck! Johnson doesn't come with me tonight. I will keep you posted!

4 comments:

Krista said...

What a cool concept! Best of luck tonight.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

So cool! I wish our family could do this with our dog but she is so wild. Hope your pup passes the test with flying colors...

sb said...

This is so awesome - you and Johnson will be perfect for this! You and Kyle are so strong together and I promise one day soon, everything will come together just like you always imagined it would! xoxo love you guys bunches!

Adrian Roberta said...

Any new news yet?!

~Roberta