CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

We've got a new computer... does this post look different?

So today was a crazy day! This week has been really busy! I have been fighting a really bad cold, broke down and went to the clinic. Good news... the magic pills are working. I am feeling much better.
Today... we had a wonderful Christmas potluck lunch at work. It's a tradition, and a lovely one at that! Got a call from my darling husband to ask about our computer. It's been really acting up and today... it just gave up. So, after work I went out and bought a new computer. Certainly wasn't expecting that expense! But, we managed to get a pretty good deal. One of those don't pay until whenever things... works for me!
My dear friend came over and set us all up. Hence the post! We are back up and ready to roll! Thank goodness! Kyle was pretty freaked out. He works from home and our computer is his lifeline! So, we are all fixed up, and he is tucked into bed without the headache of lost files, missed emails etc. How did people work without home computers and blackberry's? Seriously!
What would we do without our dear friends?
Tomorrow night we will celebrate an early Christmas with Kyle's Grandma and her husband.
Things just keep rolling right along.
I don't know why but for whatever reason, Lauryn has been on my mind a whole lot. Yes, truth be told, I think of her often. But lately... much more than usual. I got an email from my sister in law saying how excited she is about the newest family member on her way. People seem to really be into this whole adoption thing. I love it. It warms my heart!
There is still the wait, and yes, it's a long long road. However, when our family and friends are making such an effort to make Lauryn apart of our holiday, the wait doesn't seem all that long.
I hope you and yours are enjoying the complete chaos of this season, and take time to realize that everyday brings you one step closer to your little one.
12 more days till Christmas!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you also got the adoption computer curse! Mine died in October, right after our referral, and another adoptive family I know, their comptuter died around their referral... very weird...
I would say that it is normal to be thinking of Lauryn - she is going to be your baby girl! And the red string is getting shorter every day...
Enjoy the holiday madness!