CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

seriously it's 9:00 already?

So the laundry isn't done, I didn't sweep this weekend, I didn't dust and I didn't put winter clothes away. All things that were on the LIST this weekend.
But, you know what I did do... I spent my first Mother's day weekend with a great little girl who makes me smile and laugh, gets more of my heart everyday. Who frustrates me the way that a confident, independent two year old can, and who calls me mama!
It was a great weekend. Thanks to my wonderful family. As I am sure you know by now, that my Mom and I are very close. She is my inspiration. I don't know how she continues to be super woman. My Mom has taught me how to live my life without regrets and has talked me through each regret I have ever had, and made them all lessons instead of let downs. She has loved me unconditionally and taught me not to be judgemental. She is a firm believer in that everyone has a story, and there is always a solution. Lauryn also adores her, and it's a yet another dream Lauryn has allowed us to realize! Nana is the greatest word to my Mom, and I love watching them together. She is silly, and fun, and covers Lauryn with kisses. My Mom and our relationship means everything to me. It's reached a whole new level now that we have Lauryn to watch. My Mom has guided me to this point and then let me trust my instincts. She has never said I told you so (even though I am sure she'd like too!!) This year we were able to celebrate being Mom's together. Thank you for the perfume and the beautiful card. It meant so much, and as usual was exactly what I needed!
Kyle has outdone himself! Lauryn and Kyle let me sleep in, made breakfast, had lunch ready when Lauryn and I came home from gymnastics! He then got dinner all prepared and we went for an amazing afternoon of KITE FLYING. IT was AWESOME! So awesome, that I forgot my camera...
On our way to the park, I asked Kyle to get my sunglasses out of the car, he grabbed the garage door opener too, and put everything in his pocket. Well, Lauryn didn't always hold on to the kite, so part of the afternoon was spent chasing our get away kite. Then the three of us lay in the grass with Johnson and watched the kite WAY UP HIGH! Came home, and Kyle didn't have the garage door opener. Lauryn, Johnson and I went into the house. I finished dinner and Kyle went searching... I still can't believe he found it! Then we had a great dinner and Kyle did the dishes, put Lauryn to bed and I am super relaxed and left with a basket full of dirty clothes and memories that have made this weekend worth the last 5 years of waiting for a sweet little angel face that calls me Mama!
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's who are waiting, for all the Mom's who can kiss their babies faces tonight, and for all the Mom's who are not with us anymore, you will always be a part of who we are.
Keep Happy
xo

3 comments:

Krista said...

Happy Mother's Day to one amazing momma! Sounds like a perfect day.

Lorraine Jim (aka Nana Papa) said...

Wow! I can never read one of your posts on this site without tripping myself in tears! Thank you for the beautiful tribute darlin' Lisa...
Our greatest wish for you (at least in the past 5 years) has been for you to have a little one to call you Mama! Lauryn has delightfully made that happen - saying Nan and Papa is a precious bonus for us.
Our greatest wish for the coming years is that Lauryn will bring you as much pride and joy as you continue to bring to us. We love you so much and wish you a very Happy Mother's Day with love!
xoxoxo

Danika said...

A truly beautiful post. The tears well up in my eyes as I think about my mom and of course all the mothers that do the greatest job in the world. I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day, though knowing you, you could have got a flat tire and been rained on and still had a wonderful mothers day, that's the person you are, amazing! I'm going to go call my mother now :) -all my love, Danika