CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 17, 2011

And I think to myself... what a wonderful WORLD!

I know, I know, I know... it's been a looooooonnnnggg time. However, there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in each day. I am back at work...ugh. I do love it, don't get me wrong. The people and the place are simply fantastic. I do miss the comforts and the friends who are the best of the best from my old place of employment, but I never EVER thought I would miss Lauryn like I do. Luckily, Kyle has entered his slow time and gets to spend 3 out of 5 days a week with Lauryn. I get home by 7, and I get the bath/bed time routine. So it is working out. Really it is... it's just I miss my girl more than words can say. I miss those sleepy afternoons, or our shopping trips and so much more. I know that she is not the only child with a working mom. I know that I am not the world's first (and won't be the last) working mom with a toddler at home. I just didn't think it would be this hard. Lauryn is changing so quickly she is loosing her toddlerness and becoming a kid... it's crazy! So, the only thing I can think to do is continue to play the lottery! Come on baby!
On a happier note... we had our 12 month post placement meeting with our social worker. Although Lauryn was ours from day one, we are done with our social worker. Bittersweet again! Sal is a wonderful, helpful, patient man. He helped us realize our dream of bringing home Lauryn. I am thrilled that the struggle to get her home is complete and it was kinda of sad to think how close we became with our social worker and to think that our time with him is done. On the other hand, we have LAURYN at her forever home FOREVER. Pretty great!
We are still the house of sick. Lauryn is thankfully feeling better. Kyle and I on the other hand have continued our "shift" work! One of us will nap, the other one will watch Lauryn! We both have no appetite, so one of us will feed Lauryn and sit with her while she eats, and the other one will fold laundry or make a bed. It's been crazy! I think we see the light at the end of the tunnel... come on sunshine! We need to open the windows and air out the winter germs of this house!
Hope everyone is well!
Keep Happy!
xo

0 comments: