CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Care packages and more pictures!


I think I am nesting. One of my dearest friends has mentioned this to me. I think she is right. I am a homebody usually. Lately, all I want to so is be in my house. I don't know why. I want to make it perfect for Lauryn. I want to have everything cleaner than clean, pretty, cozy and just give her the wonderful gift of home. There really is nothing better! I have made lists and more lists about what I want to do, what I should be doing and why it has to be done. I think I am driving Kyle crazy. He just takes it all in stride! Such a great guy!

WE were able to send Lauryn a care package. We used Red Thread China and we were assisted by Ann. She is amazing and I can't say enough about her. We sent Lauryn some pj's, a blanket, a couple of books, a pair of shoes, a disposable camera, a baby doll, Kyle chose an Ernie doll for her, some cakes and tea for the nannies at the orphanage, a photo album and some other little trinkets! We were also able to write her a letter. It is still pretty crazy to us that we are now a Mommy and a Daddy! It's all been so wonderful! I don't think we have had a conversation that hasn't included Lauryn!

Just going through all of our adoption paper work. WOWOWOW! We have done a lot of planning. I guess when are in the thick of it, it just becomes part of your day. When I look at the amount of paper we have accumulated... it's crazy!

Ann from Red Thread sent us some new pictures of baby Lauryn. This seems to be the most recent...

What a beauty! She is all ours... I can't believe.

Alright... back to my nest!

Keep Happy!


One more thing... Baby Carter came into the world on Friday morning! 8:02 he was born. Kyle and I went to see our friends and their new little bundle. He is a beauty! Welcome to the world little guy! xo

3 comments:

Norma Minor said...

Hi there, well it has taken me a long time to finally find this site and become a member of your "team". I could not believe it when I "googled" it and found my way here. I am so proud of myself.
That is awesome that you were able to send Lauryn a care package and some special items to introduce yourselves and get her used to the fact that Mommy and Daddy really do exist and are on their way to get her. She has only been on this earth a very short time but it must seem like a long time with no mommy and daddy to love you. From all the pictures I have seen, it appears that she is totally loved by the caregivers that look after her. She looks healthy, happy and wise. I can only imagine what it would be like to go to bed one night thinking that the next day will be just another day....like the one you just finished...but...the next day is actually going to be the first day that you will meet your new mommy and daddy! You have been transformed (by the grace of God) from a little girl living in an orphanage to the daughter of two wonderful people that will cherish you for the rest of your life. Their princess daughter! What a dream!
I will be waiting for more news of your travel date and watching for more pictures of your little angel.
Aunt Norma

Catherine said...

Ann is the BEST to deal with! So happy for you that you received the gift of more pictures of your beautiful Lauryn. What exciting times these are for you! Enjoy your nesting as it will change so much once your precious is home.

Krista said...

What a beautiful little smile!