CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Not quite over the hill... but

35... Monday I will be 35. I can't believe it. the big 30 was never that big of a deal. EVER. I didn't feel old. Now is a different story. 35 is bothering me. Big-time. I know it's not old... especially when you are referring to someone else. But ME... really... 35. Yup! It bothers me. I thought my life would somehow turn out different. I thought I would be a mom by now. (I guess in some ways I am!) I thought I would be consumed by a toss up of sesame street and grade school woes. In some ways I knew my life would be exactly what it is. I knew I would, and still would be married to my best friend! I knew I would surround myself with a few close friends and family that are more like siblings, people that truly make me happy. I knew that my relationship with my parents would continue to grow and be very special. I knew that I would be happy. I am happy... old, but happy! Me 35... Monday... wow!

2 comments:

Krista said...

You are so far away from 40 girl! Still in your mid 30's - don't stress! There is still plenty of time for Sesame Street and Fred Penner - don't you worry! I hope you have a fantastic day!

Adrian Roberta said...

Hi Lisa, I'm from CanadiansadoptingfromChina, and I just added you to my Blog's list of Blogs I follow (:

Happpy Birthday!!!! Go out and have a huge BLOWOUT Celebration! (and buy a little something for the mom-to-be)

Cheers
~Roberta in Ottawa